Welcome to Part III of 12 Songs You Need On Your iPod.
This list is something I’m calling the Goosebumps Edition. I don’t mean this in a scary, book/tv series from the nineties kind of way, but more so in a “these songs tell such heart wrenchingly beautiful stories they give me goosebumps even after I hear them a hundred times” kind of way.
You might think some are a bit cheesy, but, well, I happen to like a bit of cheese now and then. ;-) I hope you enjoy at least a few as much as I do.
01. Five For Fighting – “Note To The Unknown Soldier“
02. Butch Walker – “Joan“
03. Tim McGraw – “Don’t Take The Girl“
04. Eminem – “Stan“
05. David Wilcox – “Last Chance Waltz“
06. Ben Folds – “Still Fighting It“
07. Billy Joel – “The Downeaster ‘Alexa’“
08. James Taylor – “Millworker (Live)“
09. Taylor Swift – “The Best Day“
10. Jason Robert Brown – “Nothing In Common“
11. Imogen Heap – “Goodnight & Go“
12. Rascal Flatts – “Skin (Sarabeth)“
HONORABLE MENTION: Bob Carlisle – “Butterfly Kisses.” As a man, this song absolutely wrecks me in my more vulnerable moments, but it’s a little too cheesy, even for this list. Taylor Swift’s “The Best Day” is about as far as I can go without degenerating into a weepy mess all over you.
We Need Less ‘Or’ and More ‘And’ by Josh Allan Dykstra on July 10th, 2014
Why Leisure Is Good For Business by Josh Allan Dykstra on October 18th, 2010
12+1 Songs You Need On Your iPod (Holiday Edition) by Josh Allan Dykstra on December 11th, 2009