Welcome to Part III of 12 Songs You Need On Your iPod.
This list is something I’m calling the Goosebumps Edition. I don’t mean this in a scary, book/tv series from the nineties kind of way, but more so in a “these songs tell such heart wrenchingly beautiful stories they give me goosebumps even after I hear them a hundred times” kind of way.
You might think some are a bit cheesy, but, well, I happen to like a bit of cheese now and then. ;-) I hope you enjoy at least a few as much as I do.
01. Five For Fighting – “Note To The Unknown Soldier”
02. Butch Walker – “Joan”
03. Tim McGraw – “Don’t Take The Girl”
04. Eminem – “Stan”
05. David Wilcox – “Last Chance Waltz”
06. Ben Folds – “Still Fighting It”
07. Billy Joel – “The Downeaster ‘Alexa’”
08. James Taylor – “Millworker (Live)”
09. Taylor Swift – “The Best Day”
10. Jason Robert Brown – “Nothing In Common”
11. Imogen Heap – “Goodnight & Go”
12. Rascal Flatts – “Skin (Sarabeth)”
HONORABLE MENTION: Bob Carlisle – “Butterfly Kisses.” As a man, this song absolutely wrecks me in my more vulnerable moments, but it’s a little too cheesy, even for this list. Taylor Swift’s “The Best Day” is about as far as I can go without degenerating into a weepy mess all over you.
A Response To "Generation Flux" (from Fast Company) by Josh Allan Dykstra on September 23rd, 2012
2017: Year In Review by Josh Allan Dykstra on January 1st, 2018
The Myth Of 'Slow Change' by Josh Allan Dykstra on July 23rd, 2012