I had the pleasure of speaking with the Los Angeles chapter of the International Coach Federation last night. We had an amazing group of minds gathered, and here are a few of the notes from our World Cafe discussion.
Some background if you weren’t there: Legacy, People, and Meaning are the three core values of the emerging mentality — the essence of what I call The Mosaic Mind.
Click the thumbnails to see pictures of the noteboards. I also listed a few of my favorite insights from each category.
Thanks to all the participants for their contributions!
NOTES ON “LEGACY”
- Acknowledge that every moment/decision matters–cumulative
- Global perspectives & expanded, long-term worldview
- Call on heroes to stand up and lead
- Create gentle transitions from Old Island to New Island
- Sustainable culture shift that lasts long after current leader is gone
NOTES ON “PEOPLE”
- Biz full of Linchpins… all parts matter to the working of the whole
- Highlight different talents as positive, not competition
- Be the best FOR the world, not IN the world
- Be the voice of change
- Google model: time on the job to work on what excites you
NOTES ON “MEANING”
- Storytelling — through whatever medium works
- Create community culture
- Doing well by doing good
- Put action over words
- Create space to talk from your gut