Last week I had the pleasure to attend a conference called SANG (Speakers & Authors Networking Group).
In today’s post I thought I’d do something a little different and share a few of the most important/memorable things I came away with:
GREAT THOUGHTS ON SPEAKING
- “It’s not about what I know, it’s about what they learn.” – Adam Markel
- “Make the audience laugh and think within the first minute of your talk.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
- “Value isn’t what you think it is. It’s what they think it is.” – Jay Abraham
GREAT THOUGHTS ON LIFE
- “In life, make all decisions based on the person you want to become.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
- “There are two things that will change your life: Either something new comes into your life, or something new comes out of you.” – Brendon Burchard
- “You need a system to clean out your mind. And, by the way, you don’t clean out your mind through drinking or meditating — drinking simply numbs it and meditating leaves it behind. You need another way to clean it out.” – David Allen
- “People buy when they’re ready to buy, not when you’re ready to sell.” – Jeff Mask
3 COOL THINGS I HADN’T HEARD OF
Named the “Greenest School On Earth” in 2012. Watch this powerful video to get a taste of how cool they are (made by a high school freshman).
An incredibly innovative company based in Malaysia and on a mission to “empower 1 billion lives” by doing crazy stuff like open sourcing their entire business.
If you enjoy personality assessments, this one is pretty fun. And in my cursory review, fairly accurate! Learn more about it here.
The Saga Of Father-preneurship: Health Insurance Edition by Josh Allan Dykstra on March 26th, 2013
Coolness by Josh Allan Dykstra on February 25th, 2008
Music You Need On Your iPod by Josh Allan Dykstra on July 20th, 2007