I had the pleasure of speaking with the Los Angeles chapter of the International Coach Federation last night. We had an amazing group of minds gathered, and here are a few of the notes from our World Cafe discussion.
Some background if you weren’t there: Legacy, People, and Meaning are the three core values of the emerging mentality — the essence of what I call The Mosaic Mind.
Click the thumbnails to see pictures of the noteboards. I also listed a few of my favorite insights from each category.
Thanks to all the participants for their contributions!
NOTES ON “LEGACY”
- Acknowledge that every moment/decision matters–cumulative
- Global perspectives & expanded, long-term worldview
- Call on heroes to stand up and lead
- Create gentle transitions from Old Island to New Island
- Sustainable culture shift that lasts long after current leader is gone
NOTES ON “PEOPLE”
- Biz full of Linchpins… all parts matter to the working of the whole
- Highlight different talents as positive, not competition
- Be the best FOR the world, not IN the world
- Be the voice of change
- Google model: time on the job to work on what excites you
NOTES ON “MEANING”
- Storytelling — through whatever medium works
- Create community culture
- Doing well by doing good
- Put action over words
- Create space to talk from your gut
The World Is Missing Your Voice by Josh Allan Dykstra on October 8th, 2012
The Myth Of 'Slow Change' by Josh Allan Dykstra on July 23rd, 2012
You Are Destined To Color Inside The Lines (So Draw Better Lines) by Josh Allan Dykstra on November 14th, 2011